Thursday, October 26, 2006

Drinking Straw Quality Control

Perhaps I should have titled this post the LACK of Drinking Straw Quality Control! Where will this end? I'm 43. I've used drinking straws as long as I can remember. I remember using paper straws, but mostly plastic ones. For the better part of my life I've had pretty much no problems with a straw. Oh, occasionally I'd happen upon one that had been bent and cracked, but that was obviously not a QC issue.

However, over the past year I've encountered several straws that were sealed on one end.

Apparently during the cutting process the end gets fused. Or maybe this is just the first or last straw in a run. Either way since the first one of these I got earlier this year I've had a half dozen of them. So, if I don't get one before the end of the year that's averages out to one every 2 months. While I'll admit to eating out more than I should, that part of my life hasn't changed. The Straw QC program obviously has.

Now, it's not a big deal to get another straw, but if you don't spot the problem you're in for a surprise as soon as you try to take a sip. Tonight's amusement was trying to get the straw to stay in the glass.

So, you straw manufacturers out there, get your act together. It's time for a ZERO DEFECTS policy on straws!

No comments: