Thursday, March 19, 2009

Green Truck Tour

Our local telephone company is Windstream. If you're from a Windstream area you're probably aware of the Green Truck in their advertisements; if not, this probably won't mean much to you.

Anyway, Windstream is doing a promotional tour, and they decided to schedule the bank as one of their stops. You can check out their tour schedule at the Windstream Green Truck Tour.

I snapped a few shots of the truck, and you can see some of them on my Facebook. I uploaded more to my Picasa Web Album.

My experience didn't end with pictures though. I got to rip through town in it - and rip I did.

Here are some specs for you:
  • Crate ZZ4 Engine; 8 cylinders, 350 c.i. with 380 h.p.
  • Edelbrock carburetor and manifold.
  • 700 R4 Transmission;
  • 148-mph top speed; 0-60 in 5 seconds
It even had a built-in DVD player with dash-mounted flat screen; Garmin GPS; and a premium Pioneer stereo system.

Not bad for a '53 Chevy, eh? It was, to say the least, peppy. I can't attest to the 148 mph, but I can assure you that the 5 second 0-60 is accurate.

I hope you can catch the Green Truck Tour near you.

-=Jim

No comments: